Bethesda, Maryland is well known for its quaint charm and city buzz. This charming city just outside of Washington DC has quickly evolved into a hotspot for foodies and drink enthusiasts alike, especially as the sun sets and happy hour begins. This Maryland gem has a blend of sophisticated lounges and cozy bars that invite you to relax and indulge in some of the best deals on good drinks and great food.
Best Happy Hours Bethesda Maryland: Downtown Bethesda
This list highlights the best places in Bethesda and North Bethesda to enjoy those coveted deals, from craft cocktails to delightful draft beers.
Planta is an all vegan dining destination. This restaurant has multiple locations throughout the United States. In Bethesda, their happy hour is 3 to 6 PM during the weekdays. They have both drink and food specials.
The restaurant has a fancier location in Downtown DC. Planta in Bethesda also has unlimited drinks during their weekend brunch, making it part of the very popular DC vegan breakfast and brunch scene.
If you want to enjoy some delicious vegan food in the DMV area, this is one of the best vegan restaurants to check out.
- Location: 4910 Elm St, Bethesda, MD, Bethesda Row
- Happy Hour Specials: Wednesdays, 1/2 priced bottles of wine (all day)
This sushi restaurant is a long standing favorite in Bethesda Row. This downtown Bethesda sushi spot has fantastic sushi options as well as some other Asian specialties. It is a popular place for both lunch and dinner.
Raku offers a happy hour during the week from 415 to 6 PM. Their website does not have much information, but we were able to chat with the hostess at the restaurant to get this information. If you want to be sure before heading over, give them a call to make sure their hours and timings of happy hour has not changed.
- Location: 7240 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Happy Hour Timings: 430 to 6 PM, Monday To Thursday, not offered on holidays
This is the perfect place for Italian food options and a very friendly vibe. Outdoor seating is great in the right seasons. The place is very popular busy so get to happy hour early. The restaurant is also very friendly and accommodating towards families with young children making it the perfect spot for a night out with your kids.
Their instagram, linked below, and social profiles often have more up to date information on their happy hour specials. It is generally 4 to 6 pm during the week, Monday to Friday.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alatri_bros/
- Website: alatribros.com
- Location: 4926 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Hours: 4 to 6 PM Monday To Friday
Corella (Inside the AC Hotel Bethesda) – Lasts until 7 PM EVERYDAY!
Corella is a chic lobby lounge type bar that has a welcoming and warm atmosphere. In addition to having amazing deals on some of their delicious food items, they also have a full bar if you don’t want to choose something off the happy hour menu.
It’s generally quieter in here as many people don’t really know that this chic spot has fantastic happy hour sspecials nearly every day of the week. It is also the one of the latest happy hours, since it goes until 7 PM. It’s also one of the few places in the DC area with a Saturday Happy Hour.
- Address: 4646 Montgomery Ave, Bethesda, MD
- Happy Hour: 4pm-7pm EVERYDAY
- Specials: $2 off beer, $2 off cocktails, $3 off wine by the glass, select appetizers on special also
Rock Bottom Brewery – Starts at 2 PM!
This large restaurant is good for groups who are looking to enjoy American classics at a discount. This restaurant is a friendly neighborhood bar that combines a delicious eatery and craft brewery in one. The restaurant has brewed in-house beers and seltzers that you can enjoy.
- Address: 7900 Norfolk Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Happy Hour Timings: Monday-Friday from 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Specials: $2 off anything that pours – all beers, cocktails, and wine
Hawkers Asian Street Food – Starts at 3 PM!
Hawkers is actually a National food chain, but there are only limited locations in the DC area. Many of the other locations are located in the southern states like Florida and North Carolina. This happy hour is unique because it starts at 3 PM. So if you are out of work early and want to get the party started before sunset, head here in the late afternoon.
The typical specials here include half off of baos as well as beers. Some days also have 3 dollars off all spirits and $5 off small plates. It is located right on Bethesda Row and has a lively atmosphere. . Plus, this happy hour spot. has $3 off all spirits and a special discounted price on certain small plates. In addition to having some of the best happy hour specials, this outdoor patio is a good choice when the weather is nice.
- Location: 7117 Bethesda Ln, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Happy Hour Timings: 3 PM to 6 PM, Monday To Thursday
This very popular Mexican food establishment started in New York City. Fortunately, for those living in the DC area, Tacombi is now also in Bethesda, just off of Bethesda Row. This casual eatery has good food, good vibes, and some great drinks. If you are coming for the first time, be sure to try the classics like a margarita and of course guacamole. Even without happy hour pricing, you can get a great deal on a variety of food. The fish tacos and the quesadillas are very popular amongst visitors.
- Location: 4749 Bethesda Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland
- Timings: 4 PM to 7 PM, Monday to Friday
Tommy Joe’s Tavern
Tommy Joe’s exudes a homely ambiance of traditional American taverns. With a selection of draft beers, rail drinks, and a menu that features comfort food, it’s more than just a bar—it’s an experience.
Their live music sessions enhance the mood, making it a favored spot for casual gatherings and bridal showers.
Tommy Joe’s is a testament to classic American bars’ range of draft beers and specialty cocktails. The Sunday night wine special often showcases a curated list of Italian wines, perfectly balancing the Old World’s sophistication and local flavors.
If you’re hungry, their crab cake sliders and buffalo wings pair exceptionally well with their happy hour drinks. For vegetarians, the spinach and artichoke dip is a must-try.
- Location: Near Woodmont Triangle in Bethesda
- Timings: 4-7 PM, Monday to Friday.
If you’re looking for an authentic Cuban food experience, then head to Cubanos in Bethesda. This restaurant has a cozy, intimate vibe along with a solid happy hour.
- Address: 4907 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Happy Hour: All day Thursdays
- Specials: $5-$8 cocktails and beer, plus $5-$10 snacks
Doghaus Biergarten Bethesda
This casual favorite is a go to spot for many locals. In addition to classic cocktails, this restaurant also has some frozen cocktails on their drink menu. It is a local favorite for many and their food menu also offers ice cream and a kids menu.
- Address: 7904 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Happy Hour: 3pm-7pm Monday-Friday, 10pm-close Fridays
- Specials: $2 off beer, wine and Haus cocktails, plus $4 burgers and $1.50 Tater Tots
Gringos & Mariachis – Great Outdoor Space
Gringos & Mariachis is a local chain restaurant with multiple outposts in the DMV area. This location is right next door to Alatri Brothers which is mentioned above and is also in the heart of Downtown Bethesda. This is a great place to head to for happy hour if you are looking for a busy vibe and great outdoor seating.
- Address: multiple locations; 4928 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814; 12435 Park Potomac Ave, Potomac, MD 20854
- Happy Hour Timings: 3pm-6pm Monday-Friday
- Specials: $7 food and drink specials, including tacos, wings, and nachos
The Salt Line – Late Night Happy Hour Every Day!
In the bustling heart of Central Bethesda, is a sleek dining establishment called The Salt Line. This is an extension of this restaurant chain, as The Salt Line has other locations in the DMV area including in downtown DC as well as in Virginia.
The restaurant has a very large bar area perfect for gathering large groups. There is also a large section of the restaurant devoted to dining and you will see many families dining her as well. Since it’s opening in Central Bethesda, The Salt Line has been a popular place both for dinner as well as late night drinks and food.
- Location: Central Bethesda.
- Happy Hour Timings: 930 PM til Close 7 Days A Week
Best Happy Hours Bethesda Maryland: North Bethesda
North Bethesda is located just 15 minutes from downtown Bethesda and has many restaurants that offer a great happy hour. While it may not have a city vibe to it, the area is still very lively and parking is much easier. Let’s take a look at some of the options here.
Santa Monica Summer House – Great for groups!
This very popular restaurant is in the Pike and Rose neighborhood part of North Bethesda. The parking garage is right next door and the parking is free for the first two hours. This restaurant has ample space to accommodate large parties and is a great option for groups. The restaurant focuses on using fresh ingredients and it is a great place to relax after a long day of work.
The bar area has a more intimate vibe if you’re looking to meet a date here. Drinks are absolute delicious especially the tequila based ones. They also have pizzas on special as well! They also have an outdoor patio here but the happy hour specials are only available at the bar.
- Location: North Bethesda in Pike & Rose Shopping Area
- Happy Hour Timings: Monday – Friday: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Specials: $8 glasses of wine, $8 Spiked Refreshers, $9 classic cocktails, Discounted food including appetizers and certain pizzas.
Julii – Great for date night!
Just down the street from Santa Monica Summer House is Julii. Julii is an elegant French restaurant that is a great place for a quiet dinner. Luckily, if you are interested in grabbing a drink by the bar, they also have a happy hour. This is a great date spot with its intimate and romantic vibe.
- Location: North Bethesda in Pike & Rose Shopping Area
- Happy Hour Timings: Monday Night – Thursday Night | 4:30pm – 6:30pm
- Specials: Cocktail, Beer, Wine and Happy Hour Food Specials (the brussel sprouts here are amazing)
Pinstripes In North Bethesda – Starts at 3 PM!
The Pinstripes Happy Hour is located in their bowling and bocce gaming space, bar and even the patio. The list of Happy Hour specials includes select appetizers, pizzas and flatbreads as well draft beer, house wine and handcrafted cocktails.
- Location: North Bethesda in Pike & Rose neighborhood
- Happy Hour Timings: Available every Monday through Friday from 3pm – 6:30pm!
Jinya Ramen – North Bethesda Location
This very popular ramen chain has made it to North Bethesda. While Washington DC has some of the best ramen restaurants in the country, this area of Maryland was lacking until the arrival of Jinya. Luckily, they also have a happy hour menu with both food and drink specials. This happy hour starts early at 3 PM for anyone who is ready to unwind and get the party started in the late afternoon.
- Location: North Bethesda, in Pike & Rose neighborhood
- Happy Hour Timings: Monday to Friday, 3 PM to 6 PM
Nada North Bethesda
This lively Mexican restaurant is another popular spot in the Pike & Rose neighborhood. The restaurant has plenty of seating both indoors as well as outside. There is also private event space if you are interested in renting it out for a special occasion.
- Location: North Bethesda, Pike & Rose District
- Happy Hour Timings: Monday – Friday from 3 pm – 6 pm
- Specials: Cocktails, beer, wine and food specials are available
Best Happy Hour Bethesda MD: Summary
Bethesda is a fantastic place for happy hour specials because there are so many different options. Whether you are searching for a creative happy hour drink or a quick bite at the end of your workday, there are plenty of options in Central Bethesda and North Bethesda to try.
Some of our favorite happy hour places in Downtown Bethesda are Corella which has a happy hour every day of the week, not just during the weekdays, as well as Gringos & Mariachis which is always very lively. If you are in North Bethesda, be sure to check out Julii as we as Santa Monica Summer House.